American Public University System, Inc.’s Virtual Attendee Giveaway
No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law, rule, or regulation.
American Public University System, Inc.’s Virtual Attendee Giveaway (the “Promotion”) consists of multiple prize drawings and is offered only to U.S. citizens who are 18 and over on the date of entry and begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on September 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on March 1, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”). Employees of American Public University System, Inc. (“APUS”) and their immediate families (and those living in their households) are not eligible to participate.
To enter, visit http://apusvirtualattendees2018.hscampaigns.com/ and complete the entry form during the Promotion Period. Entries may also be submitted by hand writing entrant’s name, address, phone number, and email address on a 3 x 5 inch card and mailing the card along with a videotape entry to “American Public University System, Inc.’s Virtual Attendee Giveaway, [10110 Battleview Pkwy Suite 114 Manassas, VA 20109]. Each entry must be in a separate, postage paid and postmarked envelope and must be postmarked during the Promotion Period. Limit one entry per person, household, IP address and/or email address per day. Odds of winning depend solely on number of entries received. All submissions receive a small thank you gift for their participation.
Winners will be selected by a contest review board on or before March 31, 2018 based on creativity and engagement. There will be two (2) winners selected. The prizes are as follows: Two nights’ accommodations at the Gaylord National Resort (approximate value of $400) and individual travel of up to $500.00 for each winner.
Winners will be notified by electronic mail within five (5) days of the selection. Winners must comply with all instructions in the prize notification communication, including completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and return the affidavit within ten (10) days of the date on the notification, and also must meet all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these rules except where prohibited by law. Winners may be asked to share posts from their social media accounts. If these requirements are not met, the prize will be forfeited. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for APUS and its affiliates to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
All entries must be personally entered by the individual who is listed as the entrant and no third parties may enter sweepstakes for or on behalf of any person. Any dispute regarding submission of any online entry will be deemed submitted by the e-mail account holder.
APUS is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail or for any additional costs associated with the prize. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification. By accepting a prize, winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless APUS, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, officers, directors and employees from any damages which may arise out of participation in the promotion or out of the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of a prize. Liability for any applicable taxes, including all federal, state, and local taxes and/or other fees or expenses that may apply to prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
For a list of winners, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or a written request, together with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to: “American Public University System, Inc.’s Virtual Attendee Giveaway Winners, [10110 Battleview Pkwy Suite 114 Manassas, VA 20109], by April 15, 2018. Vermont residents, or other residents where permitted, may omit return postage. Requests received after April 15, 2018 will not be honored.
APUS reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Promotion or modify these official rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law.
This promotion is sponsored by American Public University System, Inc., 111 West Congress St. Charles Town, WV 25414, and is governed by the laws of the State of West Virginia and the United States of America, without regard for conflict of laws rules.
American Public University System, Inc.’s Virtual Attendee Giveaway
Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release
Instructions: You must complete this document so American Public University System, Inc. can confirm your eligibility to receive the Promotion prize. Please fill out each blank space completely and legibly. You must sign the document where indicated in the presence of a Notary Public, who will complete and sign the notary section of this form. This step must be completed for you to be eligible for a prize.
Please complete this form and return it to American Public University System, Inc. within 10 days of the date on your award notification. Retain a copy of this form for your records, and mail the original to:
American Public University System, Inc.
Attn: Virtual Attendee Giveaway Winners
10110 Battleview Parkway
Manassas, VA 20109
Email a copy to: Universityevents@apus.edu
American Public University System, Inc. is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. If you would like confirmation of delivery, you may wish to request a return receipt from the US Postal Service.
I hereby state and affirm as follows:
1. My name is ___________________________________ and I am a citizen of the United States of America and age 18 or over. I am not an employee of American Public University System, Inc. or an immediate family member or a member of the household of a American Public University System, Inc. employee.
2. I am submitting this affidavit with the understanding that it will be relied upon to confirm my eligibility in the Virtual Attendee Giveaway sponsored by American Public University System, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
3. I understand that the prize is being awarded to me subject to applicable law and all rules and regulations of the Promotion imposed by Sponsor. I affirm and represent that I have read all of the rules and regulations of the Promotion, that I have complied with these rules and regulations, and that I have committed no fraud or deception in entering the Promotion or in claiming any prize.
4. I understand that I am solely responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes and/or other fees or expenses that may be incurred in connection with my participation in the Promotion and my receipt of a prize.
5. I understand that I am responsible for any additional costs associated with using a prize, such as, but not limited to, travel expenses and meals.
6. I agree to return to Sponsor immediately upon demand the value of any prize which has been or may be awarded to me if any statement made by me in this affidavit is discovered or believed to be false or misleading.
7. On behalf of myself and by heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors, and assigns (“Releasing Parties”), I release and discharge American Public University System, Inc., and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, and assigns (“Released Parties”) from any and all actions, causes of action, damages, losses, liabilities, claims or demands whatsoever, including all reasonable attorneys’ fees and court or other costs, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, against the Released Parties, which I or any of the other Releasing Parties have, had, or may have, arising out of my acceptance and utilization of the prize or participation in this Promotion.
8. By acceptance of a prize and without additional compensation, I grant permission for Sponsor and its agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, and assigns, to use my name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and/or publicity worldwide, and on the Internet, without review, approval, or notification, and in any manner or at any time as Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may deem appropriate or desirable, provided that such use relates to my status as a participant in the Virtual Attendee Giveaway and/or a recipient of a prize. I further agree that the release of information about being chosen as a winner, including dissemination to the public and/or media through any channels, may be made by Sponsor. I hereby release all Released Parties from any and all claims of libel, slander, copyright, invasion of privacy, or rights of publicity in connection with such activities.
9. I hereby direct Sponsor to submit my prize to me at the following address:
I accept responsibility for the accuracy of this address and hereby release Sponsor from any and all liability associated with submitting a prize to me at the address I have provided.
10. I agree that this affidavit will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of West Virginia and the United States of America, excluding conflicts of laws rules.
I have been given a full opportunity to review this affidavit as well as the official rules of the Promotion. I fully and completely understand all of the terms of this affidavit and sign it voluntarily, freely, and knowingly.
Signed: ___________________________________ Date: _________________________
State of __________________________)
County of ________________________)
I ___________________________________, Notary Public, hereby affirm that before me appeared _____________________________________, known to me personally or having produced sufficient identification, and acknowledged the foregoing Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release on this _____ day of _______________, 20___.
__________________ County, ________________
Acting in ___________________ County
My commission expires: _______________